Next Star Wars Game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What kind of Star Wars game do you want to play next?

33% 33% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
33% 33% 
[ 1 ]
33% 33% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 3

Next Star Wars Game?

Post by GM_Bo on Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:33 pm

I've had an AWESOME time running Star Wars: Inception, set prior to, during, and just after 'The Force Awakens.' All good things, however, must come to an end and I'm planning on wrapping up this game over the next few months, certainly before 'The Last Jedi' comes out.

The question is - what kind of SW game do you want to play next? Please vote in the poll and then post with specifics. Thanks!
Bo

GM_Bo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Next Star Wars Game?

Post by TetNak on Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:41 pm

I feel that the Old Republic Era gives a lot of freedom. I also feel that we could do something /after/ Inception as the repercussions of everything that happened.

I'm only going to vote for one, though, as I don't really like the thought of having 1,000s of Jedi around. Sequel Era for me.

TetNak
Admin

View user profile http://bladesandblasters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaminos on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:45 pm

I personally love the Original trilogy. I want to start off from there myself.
Jaminos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by riversisariver on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:18 am

I agree with Tet, Something After Inception would be cool. sorta After story.

But I was thinking we could be Mercs Or something in some setting. I'm already in a Clone Wars game. And its pretty cool.

riversisariver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GM_Bo on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:31 pm

I don't think we'll have 100% agreement on an era or type of storyline. However, we can create a campaign that has the ELEMENTS you are looking for, and insert it into a timeline that makes sense.

What do you like about the OT, Jaminos?

GM_Bo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaminos on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:40 am

Are you kidding? What isn't there to like? I mean the First Order is cool and all but compared to the empire...I don't know. The Empire has structure and has taken over the known galaxy. I mean the First Order has in Inception but that is because of some major differences between it and the movies. At the moment they are gaining power but haven't made full control.

Also, Vader. I mean you want a Villain that literally is unkillable to the players and is truly scary? If I saw Vader show up I would seriously just give up if I was a Rebel or hell, even an Imperial officer. I honestly think it would be a fun story to do an Imperial based campaign taking place between post episode 3 and before the end of ROTJ. I have had a story brewing for the past decade that takes place during ROTJ that I desperately want to GM. But that said, I think it would be fun being the bad guys for once. I mean the Inception crew are not good nor bad. But I think we could have a lot of fun doing missions for the empire and maybe give us the option to defect if we want to.
Jaminos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:41 am

I voted Old Republic but, in retrospect, I think it could be fun to use the SW milieu to do a sort of Firefly/Serenity campaign. Could work in any timeline but, my opinion is the OT era would be the best fit. The jack booted bureaucrats of the Empire the perfect adversaries to a roguish crew of free traders.

Raven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TetNak on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:19 pm

I'm pretty flexible. I just wanted to have a tie-in to Inception.

Also, it would give us more freedom, but who doesn't love the OT?

We should play a group of Jawas. Wink

TetNak
Admin

View user profile http://bladesandblasters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven on Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:56 pm

If we're going to be Jawas, we have to be THE Jawas from ANH. We find the message from Leia, never sell R2 and 3PO to uncle Owen and, venture off to rescue the princess ourselves. There you have it, complete rewrite, Jawas save the galaxy. ;p

Raven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaminos on Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:08 am

Rob that is hilarious and would make for a great short series of games.

I love the idea of a firefly/serenity style of campaign that takes place in the inception universe but during the OT or hell, maybe even in the times between the clone wars and the OT. So long as the Empire is around.
Jaminos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top