Character Creation House Rules

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Character Creation House Rules

Post by TetNak on Wed May 03, 2017 8:28 am

I have a fairly standard character creation policy.  It almost never changes.

Attributes:

You cannot raise the following attributes above 4 at the beginning of the game: Fighting, Marksmanship, Deception, Persuasion and Warfare.

All other stats can be raised to 5.  If you would like to raise a stat above 5, please contact me and we can discuss.

Benefits that raise stats above 4 or 5 are allowed (Such as Expertise).  

Your Status can never exceed your Lord's status at character creation.

Benefits:

All benefits are subject to approval.  I reserve the right to disallow any benefit at any time.

Gold Dragons:

In this game, I will require players to roll their Status for starting gold. You should be able to point out the roll either on Roll20, or something else that can be verified.

TetNak
Admin

View user profile http://bladesandblasters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Character Creation House Rules

Post by TetNak on Thu May 25, 2017 11:57 am

Disallowed Benefits:

Even though it states above, I can disallow any benefit, I want to list out a couple here and why.

Massive - Massive is a very popular benefit.  It has great mechanical effect but is a very poor one for theme.  

First, mechanically, this is a heritage benefit, meaning you cannot take "Blood Of" benefits at the same time.  

Secondly, thematically, this means you are near seven-feet tall.  Imagine Gregor Clegane.  That's how big you are.  How many people have Massive in the novels?  It is just him.  Even campaign guide references, which are certainly not the end-all-be-all, has Sandor Clegane listed without Massive.  The younger Clegane brother is not as big as his brother, but is listed at least at something akin to 6'6".  

I have had 5 requests for Massive either from PCs or NPCs.  It just is not happening.  Use your two-handed weapons as they are designed.

Master of Ravens - Less of a problem and more of a mistake of theme.  Ravenry is a VERY seldom used are in 319 AC.  First, your character would have had to be trained at the Citadel as a Maester.  No more Maesters were trained after about 304 AC.  Your House would have to have taken the Maester Wealth Holding at x3 the cost.   If those things are not true, you cannot take Master or Ravens.

TetNak
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TetNak on Mon May 29, 2017 7:39 pm

Important NPCs

Important NPCs may only have one attribute at 5. They may never have a stat greater than 5.

Important NPCs cannot spend or burn Destiny Points.

Important NPCs rolling on a PC Event Table (Due to being used in the previous session) are granted a -20 on their result.

Unimportant NPCs

Unimportant NPCs have no stats. If ever required, the player or GM controlling the NPC may choose to give the NPC three attributes at 3. Everything else is considered a 2.

If ever promoted to an Important NPC, the stats labeled at 3, if labeled, must be at least a 3. All other stats may be raised under the rules for Important NPCs.

Important NPCs cannot spend or burn Destiny Points.

Important NPCs rolling on a PC Event Table (Due to being used in the previous session) are granted a -30 on their result.

TetNak
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top