Character Generation for Achtung!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Character Generation for Achtung!

Post by GM_Bo on Wed May 03, 2017 9:01 am

This can be a little tricky. I am streamlining it as much as possible so we can get characters generated and transferred over to our roll20 sheets. I have made some edits to the Byakhee Character Generator that should help out. So... Download that app, get a pencil and paper, and I'll walk through step by step. Note: I am skipping some parts of chargen from the Investigator's Guide (Like basic training rolls, rank, etc... ). We can address that later or just ignore it. The effect is minimal. So... Here goes.

1. Download Byakhee Character generator and extract the files into directory of your choosing
2. Download the file called Everything.rul that I will link into Discord chat
3. Copy and paste Evrything.rul into directory containing Byakhee
4. Open up the Byakhee App
5. Under the "Investigator Wizards" tab, open "Many Rule Books (1990)"
6. Click the dice icon until you get the rolls you want. DEX MUST BE 12 or greater and CON must be 13 or greater!
7. Click next. Then, for occupation choose either Paratrooper or Pathfinder (Both are similar. Pathfinder just makes demolitions and radio operation occupation skills)
8. Next, choose 5 among the subset of skills listed to add into default paratrooper skill list. Among these, only choose 1 of Anti-Tank, Machinegun, or Light Mortar.
9. Choose your weapons. Most will have a Garand, Hand Grenades, and a .45 revolver. You may also have an anti-tank mine. Some may choose a Thompson Submachine gun or other arranged weapon I've worked with you on.
10. Spend your occupation skill points on occupation skills listed. WRITE DOWN ANY YOU CHANGED ON A PIECE OF PAPER AND SAVE FOR LATER.
11. Spend your hobby skill points. WRITE DOWN ON PAPER AGAIN IF YOU MODIFIED THEM.
12. Go ahead and finish your sheet. You should see a nice looking display but you'll notice that it's incomplete. Many of your skills from Achtung! don't display. No worries. Now it's time to transfer everything over to the roll20 sheet.
13. Open your sheet in roll20. Enter your characteristics.
14. Almost done! Using a combination of the skills you wrote down and those already listed on your sheet, add in all your skills. If you don't see them listed on the sheet by default, just click the "add" button and do it that way.
15. Fill in your weapon stats using Byakhee sheet for reference.
16. Fill in any background and RP fluff
17. Done!!!

This worked for me and had a character in 10-15 min. Let me know if any issues!
Bo

GM_Bo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Character Generation for Achtung!

Post by TetNak on Thu May 04, 2017 10:47 am

Thank you ser, I shall have this done tomorrow.

TetNak
Admin

View user profile http://bladesandblasters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by riversisariver on Sun May 07, 2017 4:02 am

You didn't get issued 45 revolvers. Its a .45 auto. Or are we special. Cause I'd be ALL over getting Company specialized gear.

riversisariver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top