Shared Theme Questions/Ideas

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shared Theme Questions/Ideas

Post by TetNak on Sun May 07, 2017 5:56 pm

Note: I'll be using house names based on the leading ideas. These may be changed later, but I want to stay away from using House #1, House #2, etc.

House Redmane was raised during the Rhoynar Invasion of Westeros. They could have been First Men, or apart of the Rhoynar that invaded. We know that the area of Redwater has the greatest chance of having a great deal of Stone Dornish features. Meaning parts First Men and Andal. Of course, breeding always makes pretty much any of the three Dornish types possible (Salt, Stone and Sand).

We know the migration was 1,000 years ago, so that's a lot of generations to consider.

TetNak
Admin

View user profile http://bladesandblasters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Shared Theme Questions/Ideas

Post by TetNak on Sun May 07, 2017 6:31 pm

My idea is that House Redmane is not the original house of Redwater Keep. Instead there was a House Redwater that went extinct sometime after the Rhoynar migration. How or why we should decide. At some point, maybe even before the Rhoynar migration, parts of the keep were destroyed and fall into the river delta. We can give these parts of the ruins names as well. Like "Fallen Brother" and "Drowned Sister".

The town Redwater probably was in existence before the house fell, but could have not had a market until later.

When House Redmane was created, it did so through scandal. Maybe Redmane has some direct responsibility for the downfall of House Redwater. Perhaps that caused distrust with the Yronwoods.

Around the time of the First Blackfyre Rebellion House Redmane was having some issues. The current Lord perhaps did some very, very, bad things and destructive things. Firstly, they lost their lordship, and were somewhat demoted to a knightly house. At the same time, House Hawklight was born from the family. Essentially, one of House Redmane has been a kingsguard for King Daeron and in turn, the kingsguard's son, either bastard or not, was given parts of the lands formerly controlled by House Redmane.

This continued over time as House Redmane's influence declined while House Hawklight saw boon after boon, until the state we have today.

TetNak
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TetNak on Sun May 07, 2017 6:36 pm

Both houses were vassals of House Yronwood. This was likely from the beginning, as Yronwood is a very old house of First Men, predating the Rhoynar migration. Due to Redmane's faltering, Yronwood helped give a lot of the land to Hawklight, over and over. Eventually, Redmane's influence became their keep and part of the town, as well as some grasslands. While Hawklight had the town, part of the hills, and major roads. They built a hall at some point.

This would give some basis for Redmane to dislike the Yronwoods, and the opposite being true for Hawklight.

This next bit was discussed by Rob/Raven as one of his PCs. The PC would be the sister to the current Hawklight lord. They are twins. It was rumored she was born first, but their father preferred a male heir and made sure the maester claimed that it was the male who was born first. No one knows what the truth is. It led to a strained relationship for the siblings, and soon after her brother become the lord, Lady Hawklight and the heir to House Redmane married in secret. Lord Hawklight attempted to have the marriage annulled through House Martell's influence over the church, but, unfortunately, they refused. This is another strain between Hawklight and Martell for the war to come.

TetNak
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TetNak on Sun May 07, 2017 6:49 pm

When Dorne entered the wars both sides fought with the Martells against the Lannisters, etc. However, a few years later when Doran died, it stung House Hawklight that they had a woman in charge. When Quentyn rebelled it was easy to side with the Yronwoods. The Redmane Lord's marriage had been protected by Doran Martell and so they supported the true queen. Plus, past slights perceived or real from House Hawklight made it easy to see a reason to fight them for House Redmane.

What we need consider is what happened during the war for the two houses. Did you come to blows? I think that it is likely that you did. My first pass would be that House Redmane were run out of the Orphan at the time because of the combined strength of House Yronwood and House Hawklight, and lived in exile with the Martells or other sympathetic houses until the war was won. Some sort of scandal happened around this time, and instead of getting all their lands back from House Hawklight after the Martells won, well, the Martells just made it status quo as before.

TetNak
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SwampDonkey12 on Mon May 08, 2017 2:00 pm

I like this a lot. I think it helps us with our house events rolls as well. This gives us a lot of reasons to have villains or and whatnot as well as good things that have happened.

SwampDonkey12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Walter Peck on Tue May 09, 2017 3:03 pm

Our PMs with Lord Redmane fit into the war and scandal that followed.

Walter Peck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TetNak on Thu May 11, 2017 3:51 pm

I'd like you each to look over the following:

http://shattered-kingdoms.wikia.com/wiki/House_Redmane

This is based on House Redmane but has lots of stuff important to the founding and more recent history of House Hawklight. Comments appreciated. Ideas appreciated and changes welcome.

TetNak
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Walter Peck on Fri May 12, 2017 1:13 pm

Good first read. Haven't had a chance to think about changes/requests/edits.

Walter Peck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TetNak on Mon May 15, 2017 12:03 pm

House #2

-- I'm going with Proud and Swift as your words.  I haven't heard anyone say anything different.  Sigil will be the horse on a red sun as Rob provided.

TetNak
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top